Prof. Dr. Maurizio Lucà Moretti SON Formula®
1. What is SON Formula®?
SON Formula® is a dietary protein substitute that contains a unique pattern of essential amino acids in a highly purified, free, crystalline form, denominated, Prof. Dr. Maurizio Lucà Moretti MAP Master Amino Acid Pattern®, described in U.S. Patent No. 5,132,113.
2. How was SON Formula® discovered?
The discovery of SON Formula® has been the result of 23 years of research by the International Nutrition Research Center (INRC), a U.S. leading research institution in the field of human nutrition
3. Does SON Formula® comply with the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) labeling regulations?
Yes, SON Formula® complies with the FDA’s labeling regulations. In contrast to drugs, SON Formula®, as a dietary supplement, does not require the FDA’s approval. However, a dietary supplement must comply with the FDA’s labeling regulations.
4. What is the recommended use of SON Formula®?
The use of SON Formula® is recommended, under medical supervision, as a safer and more efficient substitute for dietary proteins.
5. What is the composition of SON Formula®?
SON Formula® contains, a unique pattern of essential amino acids in a highly purified, free, crystalline form, denominated, Prof. Dr. Maurizio Lucà Moretti MAP Master Amino Acid Pattern®, described in U.S. Patent No. 5,132,113.
6. What are amino acids?
Amino acids are the main constituent of dietary proteins.
7. What are Essential Amino Acids?
Essential Amino Acids are nutrients that are indispensable for human life because they cannot be synthesized within the human body. Therefore, they must be supplied through dietary proteins.
8. Are amino acids considered organic or inorganic molecules?
They are organic molecules and not inorganic.
9. What does the Net Nitrogen Utilization (NNU) of a protein mean?
A specific dietary protein’s NNU (%) is the unit of measurement for the Body Protein Synthesis (BPS) provided by a specific dietary protein to human beings. Namely, it is the percentage of a protein’s constituent amino acids following the anabolic pathway to act as precursors for BPS. A specific protein’s NNU (%) can be calculated through a methodology known as “Body Nitrogen Balance”.
10. What is the Net Nitrogen Utilization (NNU) of SON Formula®?
Clinical studies performed in human subjects have shown that SON Formula® provides an unprecedented 99% Net Nitrogen Utilization (NNU). This means that 99% of SON Formula® constituent amino acids follow the anabolic pathway to act as precursors, or “building blocks”, for Body Protein Synthesis (BPS), thus becoming body’s constituent proteins.
11. Is SON Formula® made from animal sources?
No, SON Formula® is not made from animal sources.
12. Is SON Formula® a natural product?
Yes, SON Formula® is a 100% natural product.
13. How long does it take to digest SON Formula®?
SON Formula® is digested within only 23 minutes from its ingestion.
14. Is SON Formula® better absorbed in tablet or powder form?
SON Formula® may be easily absorbed in either tablet or powder form.
15. How long is SON Formula's shelf life?
SON Formula's shelf life is three years.
16. Does SON Formula® need to be refrigerated?
No. SON Formula® does not need to be refrigerated. However, it must be kept in a cool and dry place.
17. Can SON Formula® be altered by high temperatures?
The nutritional value of SON Formula® can be altered only by been carbonized. Namely been kept at extremely high temperatures (above 280 Celsius degrees). As a result, normal cooking, baking and boiling temperatures do not alter the nutritional value of SON Formula®.
18. How many calories (kcal) does SON Formula® provide?
SON Formula® provides only 0.04 kcal/g.
19. Is SON Formula® acidic or basic?
SON Formula® is amphoteric, which means it can act either as an acid or a base in order to normalize the pH of the surrounding medium.
20. Does SON Formula® contain any sodium?
SON Formula®, in contrast with any dietary protein or protein supplement is totally sodium free.
21. Does SON Formula® contain any fat?
SON Formula®, in contrast with any dietary protein or protein supplement, is totally fat free.
22. Does SON Formula® contain any sugar?
SON Formula®, in contrast with any dietary protein or protein supplement, is totally sugar free.
23. Does SON Formula® produce fecal residue?
SON Formula®, in contrast with any dietary protein or protein supplement, does not produce any fecal residue.
24. Does SON Formula® have any drug or food interaction?
No. SON Formula® does not have any drug or food interaction. However, before taking SON Formula® or any dietary supplements consult your physician.
25. Can SON Formula® cause any adverse reactions?
No adverse reactions have ever been reported.
26. Does SON Formula® have any contraindications?
The use of SON Formula® does not have any contraindication.
27. Is SON Formula® considered a medicine?
No. SON Formula® is not a medicine therefore, it does not require medical prescription.
28. What is the recommended SON Formula® daily dosage of and how should it be taken?
The recommended SON Formula® daily dosage suggested use: 5 tablets twice per day, or as directed by your physician, to be swallowed with water or any other suitable beverage during a meal.
29. May protein supplements be taken with SON Formula®?
No. Protein supplements should not be taken in conjunction with SON Formula®. This may prevent:
- a lowering of BPS/min;
- an increase in the nitrogen catabolites (metabolic toxic waste); and
- an overloading of digestive functions.
30. Is it necessary to take vitamins, minerals and trace elements in conjunction with SON Formula®?
Yes. SON Formula®, under medical supervision, should always be taken in conjunction with the daily requirement of vitamins, minerals and trace elements.